Friday, August 24, 2007

Butterfly


Today while Pat, a friend from Pleasanton, Texas, visiting me for a few days, and I were in the back yard we saw this beautiful butterfly feeding from the zinnias. Fortunately for me, Pat had her camera out there and I was able to use it and get this picture of the butterfly. I know someone out there will be able to tell me what kind of butterfly it is, so please do. This particular zinnia is labeled Yellow Blaze. The bloom goes from a very bright pink in the center to orange, then yellow. These are from seeds from last years zinnias. Interestingly, both butterflies and hummingbirds are attacted to these zinnias, even though there are other zinnias and other blooms all around.


Pat has been here for the past several days and we are having a wonderful visit. I will miss her when she goes home next week.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Wow, that's quite the butterfly! I don't know what it is, but when things settle down here and if it hasn't been identified yet, I'll see if I can find out. I have a butterfly book somewhere...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flutterbye.

Love ya, Pat

PAT said...

we've already discussed this (tee-hee).