Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sun rise in West Texas



One of my favorite times of the day is early in the morning. I can usually be found sitting at my kitchen table drinking coffee reading the paper and watching the sun rise. West Texas has beautiful sunrises, and this time of the year is the very best. I took these pictures early this morning from my back yard. The vibrant pinks only last for a very short time. One day last week when I was coming in the front door after having gone out to get the paper, I could see bright almost red through my closed blinds on the back of the house. It looked like there could be a fire going on out there. By the time I got my camera and got outside, the sun had moved just a bit and the colors were much subdued. I felt very lucky this morning to be able to catch the sun rise just at the right time to get these pictures.

My friend died on January 3 and her funeral service was yesterday afternoon. It was the first funeral service I had attended in an Anglican church. The service was beautiful and I'm sure Nancy was looking down from Heaven with approval.

To anyone reading this, may you have a great day.

3 comments:

lebanesa said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm sure your friend is looking. Thank you for sharing. Be happy.

Anonymous said...

I've NEVER seen a more beautiful sunrise. The one I was telling you about that I saw from my back deck runs a close 2nd, but ~ Girlfriend ~ this takes the cake.

You Go, Girl. Pat

Debi said...

Funny we would both mourn a death and blog a sunrise/sunset.

Great minds and hearts think alike.

Love you! Can't wait to see you this weekend.