Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stanton Wind Turbines




I am fascinated with the wind turbines that are being erected just about everywhere in Texas. Today Debi and I went to Big Spring and she took pictures of several old buildings and a bridge. I, being a total wimp sat in the car a lot of the time (it was cold out there), but I did get out and take a few pictures with my little "point and click" Kodac camera. On the way home we took a little side trip north of Stanton where there are many turbines being erected. We were able to get up very close to them. In fact, Debi took a picture of me standing next to one of them - those things are HUGE!!! It just about makes one dizzy to look up at the top when standing so close to one, at least it did me. I was happy for the chance to get so near them just to realize how very big they are, as they don't look so big at a distance. It was a very good day, mostly because I spent it with Debi.

2 comments:

Rima said...

ha! love this other perspective (i just came from debi's blog) - humbling structures, aren't they?

lebanesa said...

Lucky you, to spend a day with Debi, and from what she says, lucky Debi to spend a day with you.
May you both have many more.
I love windmills of any kind, don't you?