Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spring is coming!!!



Looks like Spring is on the way - and I, for one, am very happy about that. I love the Spring and Summer because I really enjoy being outside. I have been working in the backyard some - getting it ready for planting some new plants. It was exciting to find the day lillies are coming up and green leaves emerging on a couple small bushes, which I can not remember their name and somehow failed to keep the tag that came with them. They are a flowering bush and are supposed to attact hummers.

I shouldn't get so excited right now about warm weather as typically, we will have at least one more cold spell and new growth will freeze. So, I will wait a while before putting in new plants. But, for right now, I am going to enjoy the warmer weather as much as I can!

1 comment:

lebanesa said...

Know the feeling.
Here in England we get the same false Spring, everything comes into bloom and then the frost hits in March - poor nature. But it is lovely to have the flowers beginning to show.