Monday, February 11, 2008

Longhorn Tree


Can you see the Longhorn? This is a mesquite tree growing on Pat and Jim's place near Pleasanton, Texas (south of San Antonio). She was gracious to share the picture with me and gave me permission to post it on this site. It is very unusual to see a mesquite tree in West Texas - we only have mesquite bushes! Pat says the tree is on the far side of her husband's workshop, so they can only see the top part from their back deck. I guess the times I have been visiting there were leaves on the tree and the limbs were somewhat concealed. I'll be sure to check that out the next time I am down there. I suggested to Pat (tongue in cheek) that she climb up there and paint the Longhorn white, but she didn't respond very favorably. The growth pattern of that limb is rather unusual - makes one wonder what made the limb split and grown opposite ways?

1 comment:

Debi said...

Look at you! You do too have an eye for the unusual.

It is a mystery why the limb would have taken that strange split and growth. Maybe some obstacle was there at one time that isn't now? But I have no idea what that might be.

Pat can be so sweet and fun, but I suspect while climbing this, tree or any other, we might learn about her dark side.

Love you!